The times are certainly changing and it’s amazing how much difference a Month, a week and even a day could make in the life of a business. We are certainly in interesting times globally with the on-going situation around the outbreak of COVID-19.
At Megalines Insurance we are closely monitoring the situation as it rapidly evolves. We understand that the cancellation of events, self-isolation requirements and restrictions on travel will have an immediate and perhaps prolonged impact on many of our businesses and clients.
Here’s what we are doing in response:
- We are continuing to work with our clients to respond in a timely manner to answer queries, claims and new insurance cover requests.
- On March 11, the Insurance Council of Australia declared the situation an insurance catastrophe which means claims (where covered) arising from COVID-19 will be processed with urgency.
- We will endeavour to provide you with insurance updates in a timely manner and urge you to contact us via email or phone if you have any questions. Currently we are in discussions with the Insurance Council of Australia ICA and the National Insurance Brokers Association NIBA through and alongside our Industry cluster group to gain some relief, flexibility, support and assistance from Insurance Companies on behalf of our Clients.
- We have created an Insurance guideline to some of the FAQ’s and Tips around the subject of Insurance and COVID -19. Please see attached copy which is also on our website www.megalines.com.au
- Like many organisations, we are strictly following government directives closely, limiting travel and client contact with best practice social distancing and heightened hygiene in place.
- To further support the Government’s effort to quickly flatten the curve of the pandemic, we have advised our employees to work from home as from Monday 30th March 2020. We’ve developed well-rehearsed and robust Business Continuity Plans which quite easily allow us the capability to keep up with the management of our client portfolios and servicing remotely and seamlessly. Our commitment and obligations to our clients, staff and regulators remain strongly fundamental to our business. So physically, our doors may be closed, but we remain very open for business!
- We strongly empathize with all of our Clients at this time seeing the somehow devastating impact the coronavirus could have on some businesses and jobs. We are here to help in whatever way we can to either remove or cushion the paid if we can.
During these challenging times we want to reach out and make sure that all of our clients are okay. We are keeping up to date with the latest assistance packages on offer by the State and Federal Governments. The Federal Government has announced a range of assistance for small and medium sized business. This assistance includes guarantees for 3 year unsecured loans up to $250,000 with an initial payment holiday of 6 months other direct cash payments of up to $100,000 have also been made available. Please click on the link below to see what options you may be eligible for
Banks have also been granted additional assistance by the Reserve Bank which enables them to provide business loans at very low interest rates.
Please refer to www.ausbanking.org.au on how to access funds from your bank.
Finally, could I personally reassure you that notwithstanding the temporary “offsite” adjustment in our service delivery locations, the superior quality of service and expert advice that you have come to expect from Megalines will in no way diminish?
Here to Help!